On February 24, 2013 I was opening my own online boutique, on the website Etsy.com, specialized in handmade and vintage items. It's been a great adventure so far, and I am so thrilled when I think of the future of my business!
Last year, when my online shop turned one, I made a recap of some amazing moments that happened in my first year. It is fantastic to see that my progression has continued, and that new doors keep on opening! 2015 is going to be an exciting year for Hanji Naty !
Developing my online business
- I sold 60 items in my second year (compared to 24 items in the first one), for a total of 84 sales!;
- My items have been sold in eleven different countries, including the USA, Canada, South Korea, Ireland, Sweden, Australia, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Israel;
- My shop offers now a wider range of products, including hair accessories, key chains, brooches, pen holders, coasters, magnets, earrings, trays, boxes, etc. More than 175 items are currently for sale in my online boutique;
- In the fall of 2014 I created a series of unique and colorful patchwork coasters. They have been very popular items in my shop this year, as well as in my booth in the Wonju Hanji Festival;
|My Hanji patchwork coasters are among |
the most popular items in my Etsy shop.
- I have expended my offer of hair accessories, adding mini barrettes and long thin hair pins to please different types of hair;
- You can now find Hanji brooches in my online shop :
- I am constantly creating new styles of Hanji paper earrings, to please all tastes and styles. Recently I added new round and oval earrings; the earrings are made of wood, and are covered with hand-cut Hanji paper :
Participating in my very first Festival
- In September 2014 I took part in the Wonju Hanji Festival, in the city of Wonju (Gangwon province, north-east of the South Korean peninsula). What an experience!
- I had the chance to present and sell my creations in a complete different setting, but most importantly, it was a golden opportunity for me to be in direct contact with my customers;
- It was also a beautiful occasion to meet and connect with my fellow Hanji craftsmen and craftswomen;
- After a wonderful encounter with a couple of Japanese art gallery owners, some of my patchworks coasters are now for sale in an art gallery in Seoul, Capital city of South Korea!
- In the second year I continued to be more involved in the Etsy community, participating regularly in the promotional activities and games of different Etsy teams;
- Since January 2015, I am the proud Captain of the Strategic Promotion for Success Team (SPS Team). I am extremely happy and grateful to have the opportunity to work with a great group of Leaders, who are dedicated artisans and artists who spare no effort to help our teammates thrive and succeed;
Being more visible on social media platforms
- In the last few months I have deployed more energy to increase my presence on different social media platforms :
- I regularly participate in the Crafty Saturday Show and Sell on The Chilly Dog's awesome blog www.thechillydog.com;
- I write blog articles for the SPSTeam Blog;
A special discount to celebrate the second anniversary of HanjiNaty!
- I am thrilled to offer you 20% OFF on all the items in the online shop to celebrate the second anniversary of HanjiNaty!
- Use the coupon code "THEBIG2" at check-out to enjoy a nice 20% discount!
- The coupon is valid until March 31, 2015;
- Check the online shop now :